Tuesday, July 7, 2009

POTTY TRAINING

How come I can potty train a dog in 24 hours but I have been potty training Drew for 14 months and still have not succeeded? We have made progress within this last week...he has stayed "dry" for 3 days! YEAH!!! Here is a conversation we had at a public restroom in Red Lodge...
K- Time to go potty
D- I need my shoes off
K- Ummm..no..why?
D- I will get poopy on my shoes!
K- You will not get poop on your shoes...this is a public restroom...the floors are icky...you need to keep your shoes on.
D- No potty
K- Alright...(shoes come off)
D- Shirt off!
K- Why?
D- I will get poppy on my shirt...(or course)
K- Fine...(off comes the shirt)
D- Now leave Mommy
K- Leave? Mommy can't leave you here
A- I can't poo when you are watching
K- Alright... (I stand outside the door)
D- All Done...says my naked boy from the public restroom
It amazes me what I "compromise" to get this stubborn boy to go potty....this, among many other reasons, is what I dislike about potty training!
Our good Lord has used Drew and potty training to teach me so much..."Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer" Romans 12:12

3 comments:

  1. Just wait til he refuses to go in the girls restroom when you are out without your hubby!

    hint: for a while it worked for us to say "This is the boys potty that they put inside the girls bathroom for moms with little boys"
    Now, with Colton 7, I just stand right outside the mens room and holler in to him every 30 secs, to let any creep know that I am right here-ready to bust into the mens room at any sign of mischief!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the advice Cortney! THANKS! Thanks for the encouragement, Kindra. Sarah has gone backwards lately and I am not even interested in starting Cory. Time and patience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This just cracked me up this morning! I love how manipulating kids can be! well can't say I LOVE it but you know what I mean :)

    ReplyDelete